Skype: live:pkdclinic888|Email: | Whatsapp: +86 15512139310
PKD Clinic

FAQs about PKD & Kidney Cysts

Printer-friendly | Favorite > FAQs >

Find a PKD Doctor learn about pkd

What Special Examinations Can Be Used to Test PKD

These days I am feeling awful emotionally, because my doctor said my kidneys twice on ultrasound. I think I have PKD because both my mother and my son have it, but I have never done some special examinations. What symptoms can do as regular

The Doctor Answered:

From your description, your mother and your son both have Polycystic Kidney Disease. I believe you must know PKD is an inherited kidney disease. If your husband doesn’t have this disease, the PKD gene of your son is more likely to pass from you. What’s more, your kidneys are twice on ultrasound, so you shall visit a nephrologist as soon as possible and you may need to do some examinations.

Imaging test: B ultrasound and CT scan is commonly used technology in the diagnosis of Polycystic Kidney Disease. CT scan is more sensitive than ultrasound.

Blood test: Blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and creatinine are two common blood tests to evaluate patients’ kidney function. However, both of them won’t be higher than the normal until more than 50% of kidney function has been lost. Therefore, glomerular filtration rate is more accurate than these two tests.

Urine test: 24 urine protein, urinalysis and creatinine clearance can screen for your kidney problems.

In addition, it is also useful to know the common symptoms of Polycystic Kidney Disease as regular checks of kidney condition: high blood pressure, back pain, blood urine, foamy urine, swollen stomach, etc. No matter what symptoms you have, taking treatments to slow down the growing rate of kidney cysts is very necessary.

Any questions? Fill the form below. You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours.

Please remember to leave your email address, or phone number so that we can contact you and help you!
Please leave the patient's FULL name in case of a duplicate, and to make our doctor give timely response and help.

Full Name:
Ask a Question:
Make an Appointment with Our Renal Expert Team in Your Country