Gua Sha Treatment is a kind of traditional naturopathies in China, it is based on the meridian theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine. This treatment is commonly used in Asia, buttle little known in West. Scraping the skin through oxhorn or jade to get the purpose of promoting blood circulation, removing blood stasis, relaxing muscles and tendons and activating collaterals, that results in the appearance of small red petechiae called 'sha', that will fade in 2 to 3 days. Taking Gua Sha can eliminate pathogenic factor and support genuine Qi, remove fatigue and enhance immunity.Back To Top
Fever, headache, cough, vomiting, poor appetite, diarrhea, sunstroke, acute or chronic bronchitis, pulmonary infection, asthma, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, urinary system infection, acute and chronic gastritis, enteritis, constipation, high blood pressure, Diabetes, swelling, backache, joint disease, pruritus, eczema, rheumatoid arthritis and so on.Back To Top
● The sweat pore will be expanded after taking Gua Sha, and a part of body fluid is consumed, so people should drink two glasses of water and have a rest for more than one hour after taking Gua Sha.
● Avoid the skin contacting the wind.
● Avoid the cold after taking Gua Sha, having a bath is not allowed until skin pore closes.
● As to those patients who have the complicated and severe disease, in addition to Gua Sha, other treatments should also be used.Back To Top
● Promoting blood circulation and removing blood stasis
Gua Sha can adjust the contraction and relaxation of muscles and make the pressure between tissues adjusted. Scraping skin promotes the blood circulation and increases the blood flow in tissues.
● Gua Sha has an obvious effect of regulating Yin-Yang on visceral function.
● Relaxing muscles and tendons and activating collaterals.
● Gua Sha has a regulating action to hypophysis and adrenal medella.
● Eliminating toxins
The process of taking Gua Sha expands blood vessels, makes blood and lymph flow faster and enhances the phagocytosis, which can accelerate the elimination of wastes and toxins and clean the blood. In that case, the resistance of whole body can be enhanced.Back To Top
1. The abdomen and lumbosacral portion of pregnant women and the women's nipple.
2. Leukemia, decrease in the amount of soterocyte.
3. Heart Failure, Renal Failure, ascites due to cirrhosis, anasarca.
4. Skin wound, skin fester, skin inflammation, people who are too hungry or too full.Back To Top
As we all know, PKD is characterized by the cysts growing on kidneys. These cysts can enlarge and the enlargement can oppress the kidney tissues, making the kidney function less and less. When the cysts grow to a certain degree, they are easy to fracture. When fracture happens, PKD patients usually have blood in urine and the back pain. So PKD patients are not allowed to do the drastic movements. Gua Sha will not be used on the abdomen of PKD patients.
Apart from the blood in urine, PKD patients may also have high blood pressure and swelling. While Gua Sha can help PKD patients relieve these symptoms and the scrapping part is not abdomen. The scrapping parts which can treat high blood pressure are Fengchi, Jianjing, Quchi, Zusanli acupoint.
The most important thing is that Gua Sha can help PKD patients adjust immune system and enhance immunity, in that case, PKD patients will not be easy to get infections, which avoids the further kidney damage. Gua Sha can be a complementary therapy in treating PKD and it can make the treatment effect more obvious.Back To Top